Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday's trip down I-57


After a quick morning in the office and packing up the van with clothes, games, implements and Echtinaw's '11 (Caledonia HS MI) X-Box/ Rock Band paraphernalia my family and I had a nice 9 hour drive down to Memphis. The four of us turned south around Chicago and traveled down I-57 through Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee. We arrived around 7:45 p.m. (CST) and spent the next hour figuring out how to find the 10 rooms they hadn't set-up for us. The team bus should roll in around midnight (CST) and I hope to have them all in bed by 12:30 a.m. The first bus heads out at 6:30 a.m. for the 25 minute drive to Rhodes.

As mentioned in my previous post, not everyone in our troup came down to Memphis today. Pole vaulter Casey Herman (Libertyville, IL) was eighth on the one-meter board at the NCAA III Swimming & Diving Championships Friday night at the University of Minnesota with a score of 387.70 points. Fellow Knight Erica Deur captured a national title on the one-meter board with a championships record point total of 496.05 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment